Monday, June 30, 2014

week 27

Baby’s size

Your baby is now the size of a cauliflower. At this point, he may be able to distinguish between your voice and your husband's or partner's voice.
Baby's Length: 14.41 in.
Baby's Weight: 1.93 lb.
from parents.com
How I am feeling
Overall, pretty good.  I had some pains in my pelvic area this week....mostly just really sore like I had been riding a bike for too long.  It makes getting up from sitting and taking those first few steps really hard and going from standing to sitting is painful too.  Basically it makes me feel like an 80 year old woman.  Some days it hurts really bad and others it doesn't hurt at all though so nothing that's too big of a deal.

Baby has days where he's super active and others where I start to wonder what's going on because he moves so little.  On his active days, he seems to like doing somersaults.  Sometimes he gets so wild that it takes my breath away for a second while he rolls around.  It's fun to feel and watch though.

What do I miss
Nothing out of the ordinary.....being able to sleep comfortably, move around easily, lift heavy things, drink caffeine.....

Gender
Boy

Food cravings/aversions
Nothing new


Highlights this week 
*This week marked my first week in the 3rd trimester.  I can't believe how fast everything seems to be going now.  
* This past Tuesday was exactly three months til my due date.  As I went to bed that night, I was thinking things like "Holy crap, we're having a baby!"  Apparently it's finally sunk in that I won't just be pregnant forever and we're going to have a baby with us shortly.
* Not necessarily a highlight, but holy cow the hormones have kicked in the past couple weeks.  I'm not normally much of a crier but man I'm sappy lately.
* Dave put the crib together over the weekend.  Love seeing it in there as I walk by!
* We ordered a chair for the nursery.

No comments: